Friday, August 24, 2007

The Addict:101

Peace and blessings...welcome to the mind of the addict. I'm a virgin to the world of blogging, and quite unsure of how this works. Where do I start? What are the rules? Will people really care what I have to say. Since it appears I was absent the day they went over this in school, I'll make a change to the syllabus-I'll do this my way. How does that sound?

Let's see, where do I start? Since most formal introductions involve names, let's discuss mine-the addict. The black and white of it is that it's me; it's who I am, my very being. I think once, I was reading an email; you know the ones that tell you about your personality based on your birthday? Well, my month read "November- The Addict". Everyone else had names like "The Lover", "The Thinker", "The Dreamer". Where did I go wrong? While not literally addicted to anything "dangerous" (herb, mini bottles of vodka, or sex), I have danced on the brink of some unhealthy addictions. It's the way I'm wired. When I like something, I like something. This includes people. Sometimes, I'm not the best judge of character-which has gotten me in trouble. I get attached easily and have a hard time letting go; I think the PC term is "detachment issues". There are certain things I don't do because I know they aren't good for me.But the desire is there...just like voices in the head of a crazy person. It's like Kanye says, "why everything that's supposed to be bad, make me feel so good?" Trust me, I'm working on myself as we speak.

So that's the science behind the name...and the person behind it. I'm not sure if this was a good first topic; I kinda put myelf out there. They say rehab comes in many forms....stay tuned. There's plenty more where that came from. Maybe some of you will get "addicted".

In all things, do you.

Peace,
The Addict

3 comments:

Big J said...

Great start babe! I can't wait to read more

krs101881 said...

I like it. Keep it coming!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

It was a great start in fact. Straight and to the point. Blogworld is a place where many of us come when Dreamworld is not quite sufficient to work out all the issues. And some of us just like to show off a bit. Or read a physical manifestation of the clutter that fills our minds.

Dammit!!! There I go posting in other folks comment sections! I don't post often enough for that now. I gotta finish that thought in a post of my own.

But on the real. If you keep dealing with yourself the way you have been, you will be okay. And then you really won't care if anybody else comes. Although it is nice to get some feedback here and there...