Thursday, July 10, 2008

Vegas, Baby!!

(Ok- this post was supposed to be up Monday, July 7. Pretend it's that day and enjoy!)

That's right!!! I'm off to Vegas! An addicts paradise, if you will. The lights, the sounds...I get excited just thinking about it!!

My real reason for going is for work. There is a fitness convention I'm attending and low and behold---this year's destination was Vegas! Don't get it twisted; I will be getting my cardiovascular on during the day as well as a few classes for my professional development. But you better believe that when night falls, I'm on the prowl. I'm a night owl any way, so I'm looking forward to having new things to stimulate my mind...

In addition to the convention, some other folks from work will be out there for various reasons; the mother of events for extreme sports will be making it's debut shortly so we have hella folks preparing for that. I also found out that one of my homegirls is out there covering poker and she told me she could get me in some parties!! Hello...? Partying with ballers who play poker? Where do I sign? Not sure what I'm in for, but it's all about the experience. Nobody parties like we do. (For those of you who don't know who we is....trust. We gets down for ours.)

The real kicker to all this is that at the end of my Vegas adventure, I'm headed home!!! Again for work, but we have offices in the QC as well. I'm there for a week, so I'll be sure to update you on my adventures. Dorothy said it...there's no place like home. And to top it off, I'm living on the mouse (Mickey, that is) for the next 2 weeks. I love my job.

That's the latest and the greatest with the me. Stay tuned!

6 comments:

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Sweet! Why you ain't put me in your checked baggage though?

The Addict said...

I didn't know you were trying to roll. My bad.

arychtexas said...

I hitting vegas up next yr around late feb..man I can't wait and you get an all expense paid trip <<<<< Im jealous

Jazzy said...

Ohhhh I'm losing weight. If I stop eating for the rest of the month, I'm positve my short azz can fit in your suitcase! holla! lol

Hopefully you had an excellent time. Can't wait to see the update!

The Addict said...

@ Archytexas: I loved it! And having it paid for was not a bad gig either...

@ Diva: Let's roll...you always need a partner in crime in Vegas. Update coming soon!

Raynard said...

It will not truly have success, I feel like this.
my site | check | Kris Van Assche Long Plaid Scarf