Thursday, June 5, 2008

I'm Addicted...again.

Peace everyone.

Isn't it funny how we attach ourselves to things? I find that I cycle through "moments" of certain things that I can't live without. I wrote a similar post a while back and while many of those still hold a high place in my life, I've recently added a few things. It's a good thing I really don't do drugs...I'd be in a terrible place otherwise. I've got such an addictive personality; hence the name.

Here you go---the latest addictions:

*Vitamin Water- I don't know how or when. One day, I had one and then I couldn't live without them. My goal was to have every flavor made. At Stop-N-Shop (our local grocery chain) they run deals where you can get 10 Vitamin Waters for $10!!! I was in heaven. Favorite flavors to date: Formula 50 (gotta support his business ventures), XXX (Sex in the City brand), Defense, and Energy. Vitamin Water-try it.

*Asparagus- Really? Yes! It's so wonderful! Clearly, it's the new broccoli. Grilled, steamed, sauteed I am in love. I order it every chance I get. For those of you who have...digestive side effects, be mindful. While wonderful and good for you, it may give you a healthy dose of flatulence to boot.

*Tiffany & Co.- OK. I know this one may seem a bit off the map, but over the last year, I've developed a special fondness for that little blue box. What woman doesn't love it? I'm not dripping with jewelry (I only have 3 pieces to date), but what it represents is timeless. Class, elegance, the finer things in life. Tiffany's has only been sung about, featured in movies (Sweet Home Alabama!!) and be documented a few hundred times. I'd say that makes it a strong candidate on my list. That...and I wouldn't mind adding a few more boxes to my collection.

*Water w/ Lemon- My new obsession. I live for Lemon-water. Something about it...it's refreshing, light, and if you add Splenda, you can make lemonade. I know, I know, it's hood, but true.

*Raspberry and Pomegranate Martinis- Love them! Perfect summer beverage. Fruity, feminine and fierce. Next to diamonds, a martini is a girl's best friend.

*Pedicures- I am that chick--if I'm stepping out and my toes are going to be out, then they have to be on point. In the winter, I get them less frequently, but in the summer they are subject to regular treatment at least once a month. Gotta keep my game tight ya heard?

*Trendy bags- You can never go wrong in this area. A great bag can totally make an outfit. My most recent purchase-and Ed Hardy tote-is my latest addition. I won't tell you how much I paid for it...just know it was worth it.

*Kickboxing- My refuge, my stress-reliever, my passion. Of all the classes I teach and all the fitness outlets I'm certified in Kickboxing is my favorite. I currently teach it twice a week and I LOVE IT! There's nothing better than getting out all the pent up energy of my day and motivating the folks that take my classes and kicking their butts. It's my release; I'm 100% in the zone when I teach this class. My students say I "hulk out" then come back down when class is over. I don't make it easy; they work hard and get a hellified workout in the process. One of the few times I'll pop my own collar; I'm a damn good instructor.

I try to keep my addictions in check. So far, so good...

2 comments:

Jazzy said...

Haven't tried vitamin water yet...but I just might now.

Luv asparagus!

Luv Tiffany's...I only have one piece from there but silver really is my preference.

Pedi/mani's...this is a bi-weekly ritual for me!

Too bad you don't teach in the NY/NJ area...I would so take your class!

Lawrence said...

To my mind everybody have to glance at this.
hair sticks | Haiti earthquake facts | lesbian magazine