Sunday, June 29, 2008

Life Isn't but a Dream...

You ever wonder if one day you're going to wake up and find out that it was all a dream? That all the crazy, bad, random things about your life never happened? Wouldn't that be awesome? To just have a clean slate?

If you could have it, would you really want it?

I can honestly say that I wouldn't.

I'll be the first to say that everything about my life is not picture perfect. I have said and done things I would love to take back. I often look back on things in my life and wonder how I'm not dead, or how I managed to wiggle out of certain situations. There have been times I thought "why didn't someone slap me?" for doing some stupid ish. None the less, the great lesson in all this is that if it had not been for my life's experiences, I wouldn't be the woman I am today.

Experience is a great teacher-good or bad. We either find out the hard way or make a smooth landing. Either way, we learn from all things and use them to build the foundation for future endeavors. You only have to get burned once to know the fire is hot. But after you've been burned, you figure out what you need to do to not let it happen again. Life is funny like that.

So...if you could take it all back to do it again the right way, would you? Or would be proud of your the wounds you got during battle to be able to stand up and say "I persevered"?

3 comments:

Jazzy said...

Wow...there are a lot of things I wish I could take back...a LOT of things I wish I could go back and fix, but it would certainly alter the person I have become. I'm happy with me, but I'm not so sure changing things or changing me would be a bad thing.

arychtexas said...

i wouldnt take it back either...i've done some stupid stuf that cost me a lot in my life but god has blessed me so much. im happy with my life and i think thats why i would like things to be just the way they are..nice blog

Terence said...

Quite helpful piece of writing, much thanks for this article.
free sewing patterns | mortgage payment calculator | leather wrap bracelet