Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sleepless in...

*Have you ever been up so long that when it's time for you to sleep you just can't?

That was me yesterday.

I woke up at 4am to pack for a trip. I typically get up at 5am on days I have to open so the fact that I was up a full 60 minutes earlier was a stretch. I got packed, got my stuff together for work and was out the door by 5:20 and at work by 5:50. Have I mentioned that this was all AM? I am NOT a morning person by any means.

I arrived at work with 10 minutes to get things going before a 6am meeting, followed by a 7am training session. With that out the way, I proceeded to get my workout in since I would lose the opportunity later in my day to do so. One sweaty hour and 10 minutes later, I'm headed to shower and dress for a department meeting. That takes me through the next 2 hours and at noon, I'm back prepared to teach classes (Intervelocity and Pilates) for the next 2 hours. At 2:15 (we're now in the PM) I have my final training session of the day. I wrap up my life by 3:15 and jump right into the ride for a 3 1/2 hour trip to Dirty Jerz. At 8:00 I'm putting my stuff down and ready to grub. I'm so tired at this point I don't even know my name. But I muster up the strength to enjoy my evening. By the time I'm full and back to the hotel, it's around 10 and I need toothpicks to hold my eyelids open. Do I crawl into bed and pass out? Not quite. Silly me--I put on my pj's and get into bed...with my laptop. I spend the next 90 minutes doing work. What? I'm clearly delirious at this point; running completely on fumes. I do some Facebooking, blog-browse and finally shut down my computer around 1AM.

Now--I should be dead at this point, but I've been up so long I can't even sleep. My second wind had kicked in and I was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. I ordered two Lemon Drop martini's to help me unwind, but the silly fools sent me regulars instead. Now I'm a solider, but not a general. The were so strong; I had to let them be. I was pissed. How do you eff up a martini?

So...I did what any normal person would do: at 1:30AM I turned my TV to ESPN and let the sweet sounds of Sportscenter lull me away. I don't remember what time I drifted off, I just know that I woke up around and the sun was up.

Ain't that a B?

*a random rant by the Addict

1 comment:

Eb the Celeb said...

yeah that's crazy and sucks... happened to me when I got back from vacay... I had been partying so much that my body was used to going to sleep at 4 or 5 in the morn and when I got back and tried to be in bed by midnight by body looked back at me like I was stupid... I could not go to sleep for the life of me even though i was tired